Campus Pack Wikis allows you to collaborate, edit and comment on basic web pages. The teacher may elect to encourage you to use Campus Pack Wiki for group work or peer-review. You can include texts, links and media on Campus Pack Wiki pages.
This guide covers the following topics, use these links for easier navigation.
- Navigate to Campus Pack Wiki
- Viewing a Wiki Page
- Leaving a Comment
- Creating and Editing New Wiki Page
- Modifying a Page
- Deleting a Page
- Viewing Contributors and Activity
- Exporting Campus Pack Wiki
Note: We recommend using Chrome or Firefox with Campus Pack. If you are using Safari, you will get a ‘login error’ unless you enable cookies through preferences.
1. Navigate to My Spaces in VU Collaborate and select the specific unit.
2. Click Learning Space on the navbar of the specific unit.
3. Through the Table of Contents navigate to the relevant teaching period then click on Campus Pack Wiki.
1. You can find relevant Wiki page by selecting Pages from the menu to your left by using the drop-down list. This takes you to the list of created Wiki pages.
2. Click on the title, it will take you to the relevant wiki page.
You will have the option to submit a comment on the wiki page by clicking on the arrow next to Viewer Comments. This will reveal any comments on the page and will also open a dialogue box where you can type your comments.
1. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the arrow next to Viewer Comments.
2. Insert your comment into the provided text box.
3. Click on Add.
1. To contribute to the wiki, select Add New Page from the menu.
2. Give your page a title by typing into the text box where it says, New Page.
3. Content can be typed directly into the editor box or inserted through the toolbar.
Tip: You can include images, links and media in your wiki page by utilising the corresponding icons in the toolbar.
Once you have saved a page, you can go back and edit the content. The collaborative nature of wikis also allows users with access to modify your pages. You can also modify pages that other people have created.
To edit a page:
1. Select the Pages menu in the top left of the screen.
2. Click on the page you would like to modify.
3. On this page click the Edit button.
4. This will open a text editing box allowing you to modify the content on this page. Remember to click Save when you are done.
1. You can Delete the Wiki page by clicking on the Delete in the top right of the screen.
Note: Deleting a page is like sending it to the recycling bin- it can be retrieved by administrators later if necessary. Purging a post means it will be completely deleted from the system forever.
Scrolling down to the bottom of the page you will find information about Page Contributors and Latest Activity.
1. Page Contributors will show who has contributed to the page and the total number of contributors.
2. Latest Activity gives details about how many times a contributor has modified the page and at what time.
You may want to have access to your Campus Pack Wiki in future for different purposes. But you won’t be able to access your Campus Pack Wiki when you lose access to VU Collaborate or access to the particular unit. Therefore it is recommended that you export your Campus Pack Wiki for future purposes.
1. Click Settings, then Click Export.
2. Choose a format. There are two options to choose from. If you export as a standalone website, every wiki entries will be exported as a different HTML file. In contrast, if you export as a single web page, every wiki entries will be exported on the same HTML file.
3. You also have options to include or exclude tags and comments in the exported document. To include tags and comments, check the tickbox next to respective items.
4. Click Export to proceed. Once you click Export, you’ll be automatically taken to the home page of your Campus Pack wiki. Your export will be created as a .zip file. Sometimes it can take up to several minutes.
5. To locate your download file, click settings, and export.
6. Click the export link to download.