A Campus Pack class blog allows you to express and share ideas as well as comment and engage with others. This is a collaborative communication tool for learning that can incorporate text, images, videos and links to external web pages.
This guide covers the following topics, use these links for easier navigation.
- Navigate to Unit Space
- Access a Blog Entry in Campus Pack Class Blog
- Leave a Comment on a Campus Pack Blog Post
- Post a New Entry
- View, Edit and Delete Entries
- Subscribe to Blog
- Exporting Campus Pack Class Blog
We recommend using Chrome or Firefox with Campus Pack. If you are using Safari, you will get a 'login error' unless enabling cookies through preferences.
A Blog will be avaiable in unit space. Students will not be able to create their own blog, only the tutor or instructor will be able to create the blog.
1. Go to the relevant VU Collaborate Space.
2. Click on Learning Space.
1. The tutor or instructor will start the Blog with a welcoming post or with some information that is relevant to your class.
2. Click on the title of the Blog to access the content. This will load and display the Blog post content.
1. Click on the arrow next to Viewer Comments to post a comment. This will open a dialogue box where you can type in comments.
2. To post your comment, click Add.
1. Click on Add Entry to create a new Blog.
2. Click on New Entry and type the title of your Blog post.
3. Add an entry (your blog post) in the text editing box.
Note: You can include images, links and other media to the blog entry by using the buttons in the toolbar above the text editing box. Video files must be in mp4 format.
4. Once you are satisfied with the content of the post (your entry), click Save to publish.
Students will have access to edit or delete blog entries they have created.
1. Click on Recent Entries to see a list of previous posts. Click on any entry to view the full post.
Note: Entries are automatically ordered in chronological order so the most recent one will appear at the top. This setting can only be changed by the teacher.
2. To edit a post, click on Edit to access the text editing box again.
3. To delete a post, click on Delete, a message will appear asking to delete or permanently delete the post from the system.
Note: Deleting a post is like sending it to the recycling bin - it can be retrieved by administrators later if necessary. Purging a post means that post will be completely deleted from the system.
1. Click on the Settings drop-down menu and select Subscribe to receive regular post updates on your emails.
2. Tick the checkbox, then click Submit. You will now receive regular email notifications summarising the blog activity.
You may want to have access to your Campus Pack Class Blog in future for different purposes. But you won’t be able to access your Campus Pack Class Blog when you lose access to VU Collaborate or access to the particular unit. Therefore it is recommended that you export your Campus Pack Class Blog for future purposes.
1. Click Settings, then Click Export.
2. Choose a format. There are two options to choose from. If you export as a standalone website, every blog entries will be exported as a different HTML file. In contrast, if you export as a single web page, every blog entries will be exported on the same HTML file.
3. You also have options to include or exclude tags and comments in the exported document. To include tags and comments, check the tickbox next to respective items.
4. Click Export to proceed. Once you click Export, you’ll be automatically taken to the home page of your Campus Pack blog. Your export will be created as a .zip file. Sometimes it can take up to several minutes.
5. To locate your download file, click settings, and export.
6. Click the export link to download.