Campus Pack offers blogs, wikis, and podcasts to staff and students. Campus Pack Journal is a tool that allows you to manage your own diary communication entry. It shares a similar function to blog, however unlike a blog it is only viewable by you and the teacher/s.
This guide covers the following topics, use these links for easier navigation.
- Navigate to Space - View Content Page
- View Recent Entries
- Add an Entry
- Leaving Comments
- Edit and Delete an Entry
- Subscribing to a Journal
- Exporting Campus Pack Journal
1. Login to VU Collaborate then navigate to the My Space by selecting the specific unit.
Note: We recommend using Chrome as your browser. If you are using Safari you must enable cookies in Safari preferences to access the Journal.
2. Click Learning Space on the navigation bar of the specific unit.
3. Any journals within the space will be located under the Table of Contents within the content modules. Click on the name of the journal you wish to open.
You can easily navigate entries in the journal by clicking on the Recent Entries menu and then select the Entry you would like to view.
1. To start a new entry into the journal, click on the Add New Entry.
2. Type the title of your entry on New Entry.
3. On the text editing box below type in your entry.
4. Remember that you can include images, links, and media on your journal page by utilising the corresponding icons in the toolbar.
Note: Video files must be in mp4 format.
Remember to scroll down to the bottom when you are finished and click on the Save button. This will publish the entry.
1. You have the option to submit a comment on the journal entry post by clicking on the arrow next to Author Discussion. This will open a dialogue box where you can type your comments. Click on the Add button when you are done.
After you have published an entry you can go back and Edit or Delete it.
1. Click on Recent Entries menu and select the entry you would like to edit.
2. Within the entry on the top right of the screen, click on Edit. This will open the text editing box, allowing you to modify your entry.
Note: You can only view, edit or delete an entry that was created by you. If the teacher adds entries to the journal, you will be able to see their entry however you will not be able to modify them.
3. You can delete an entry even after it has been published by clicking on the Delete in the top right of the screen.
4. By clicking on Delete, you will be asked whether you want to mark the post as deleted or permanently delete it from the system.
Note: Deleting a post is like sending it to the recycling bin- it can be retrieved by administrators later if necessary. Purging a post means it will be completely deleted from the system forever.
1. If you would like to receive regular emails on the activity level of the journal, click on the settings drop-down menu and select subscribe. A new page will be loaded.
2. On this page, ensure that you click on the checkbox. A tick will appear when the box has been checked.
3. Click on Submit to receive regular email notifications summarising the blog activity.
You may want to have access to your Campus Pack Journal in future for different purposes. But you won’t be able to access your Campus Pack Journal when you lose access to VU Collaborate or access to the particular unit. Therefore it is recommended that you export your Campus Pack Journal for future purposes.
1) Click Settings, then Click Export.
2) Choose a format. There are two options to choose from. If you export as a standalone website, every journal entries will be exported as a different HTML file. In contrast, if you export as a single web page, every journal entries will be exported on the same HTML file.
3) You also have options to include or exclude tags and comments in the exported document. To include tags and comments, check the tickbox next to respective items.
4) Click Export to proceed. Once you click Export, you’ll be automatically taken to the home page of your Campus Pack journal. Your export will be created as a .zip file. Sometimes it can take up to several minutes.
5) To locate your download file, click settings, and export.
6) Click the export link to download.