Using the Address Book
The Address Book allows you to keep an online list of your contacts and organise personal contacts into groups.
Your Address Book options vary according to your permissions. Contacts in the address book are either system generated in the case of course and internal contacts, or user created in the case of personal and external contacts. Depending on your permissions, you might not be able to create personal contacts.
This guide covers the following topics, use these links for easier navigation.
- Access Your Address Book
- Add a Contact to Your Address Book
- Edit an Address Book Contact
- Delete an Address Book Contact
- Create a Contacts Group
1. From VU Collaborate Home, enter any unit space you're enrolled in.
2. Once inside the unit space, click Communication then Email on the Navbar.
3. In the Email menu, click on Address Book.
1. In the Address Book window that opens, click New Contact.
2. Choose a folder to store the new contact's information in the Folder drop-down list. By default new contacts are stored in the main Address Book folder.
3. To create a new folder, click the New Folder link beside the Folder drop-down list.
4. After selecting New Folder, name your contacts folder and click save. eg. Group Assignment Contacts.
5. Enter the new contact's information in the appropriate fields. (Fields marked with an asterisk are required).
6. Click Save.
1. From the Address Book page, click the First Name or Last Name link of the contact you want to edit from the list of contacts.
2. Update the contact's information as required.
3. Click Save.
1. From the Address Book page, select the contacts you want to delete.
2. Click Delete at the top or bottom of the list.
Note: You can only delete personal contacts.
1. On the Address Book page, click New Contact.
2. Click the New Folder link.
3. In the Folder Type section, select Contacts Folder.
4. Enter a Folder Name.
5. To make the new folder a sub-folder inside an existing folder, choose the existing folder from the Parent Folder drop-down list.
6. Click Save.