How to Install Panopto for Windows
Panopto allows for lecture recording, screencasting, video streaming, and video content management software in e-learning environments. This guide will assist in the installation of Panopto for Windows.
1. Login to your VU Collaborate and click on the Video tab.
2. Click on the Create button and select Record a new session. Alternatively you could also click the Download Panopto link as well, located in the top right of the sessions page.
3. Both options will show a popup that will allow you to download the Panopto for your operating system by choosing the Download Installer.
4. Locate PanoptoRecorder.exe that you've downloaded and run the application.
5. The installer will self-extract and begin the installation.
6. Select a Destination Folder to install the recorder; a Storage location where you would like your recordings saved; and the URL (without http) of your Panopto Web Server. Click Next.
7. Click Install to begin the installation.
8. Once Panopto for Windows is installed you will be able to open the software. Login using the proper Sever Address, Username and Password.
9. Alternatively, you can pass your credentials via Web Launch by clicking the Create Button to Record a New Session.