Using Panopto App on Android
Students can download the 'Panopto' application on Android. This will enable them to view existing recordings of their units and to upload their recordings as well. This guide will cover all aspects that students need to be aware of while navigating the 'Panopto' Android application.
This guide covers the following topics, use these links for easier navigation:
- Downloading Panopto onto an Android
- Viewing Panopto Sessions
- Browsing Panopto Sessions
- Uploading a Panopto Video onto an Android
1. Go to the VU Collaborate unit space and click on Video to be directed to Panopto.
2. Once you get access to it, click on Panopto for Android on the top right-hand corner.
3. You will then be directed to download the application. Click Get it on Google Play.
4. You will then be directed to the Google Play store on your device.
5. The below will appear click Install.
6. Wait for the application to complete its installation, then click Open.
7. Once the application is downloaded, the below icon will appear on your device.
8. Click on the Panopto icon
9. You will now see the below on your screen. Click Sign in.
10. You will then be directed to the below screen.
Note: make sure that the drop-down box is set as VU Collaborate not Victoria University.
11. Click Sign In, you will then be directed to enter your VU Collaborate, user name 'student ID' and password.
12. Once you have entered your VU Collaborate login details, click Log in.
13. You can now commence using Panopto on your Android device.
1. Make sure that All Sessions are available by clicking on the below-highlighted section.
2. Select your required session by clicking on it in your list of available sessions.
3. Once you have selected the session you wish to view, you can simply click on the video to start.
Note: Below the video, the transcript sections list will appear. If you are not required to watch the entire video, you can select a specific section as required by clicking on the list below in the main video.
1. To search for a video, you can click the search icon highlighted below.
2. You will then be able to type the name of the video that you are looking for into the search bar.
3. The video selected will then appear.
1. To upload a video file to Panopto, locate the icon highlighted, select on the cloud icon by clicking on the screen.
2. The below screen will appear, click on the screen as per the arrow.
3. Select the file you wish to upload from your device.
4. Click on the file.
5. The file that you have now uploaded will appear as below.
Note: You can only upload video files, the file below is for instructional purposes only.
6. You have now successfully uploaded a file to Panopto via your android device.
If you require further assistance with 'Panopto' please refer to the following help guides; Using My Folders in Panopto