The teacher may decide to conduct a virtual meeting using WebEx during the semester. If you do not have a PC or laptop, you can use this App to participate in the virtual meeting on your phone or tablet. To download the app visit your app store and download the app.
Getting Set Up
1. Open the app on your device and click Sign In.
3. The site URL will transform to vu.webex.com. If it does not do this automatically, change the site URL to vu.webex.com.
4. Click the arrow. You will be prompted to enter your Victoria University credentials. This is your usual login details; your sNumber and password.
5. This will ensure that you have access to any virtual classrooms that you have been invited to, or are hosting.
6. WebEx Meetings will ask for some permissions throughout your use of the app. Select what you are comfortable with allowing. Things such as Audio will be necessary.
Join a WebEx Meeting
1. Click on Join Meeting to participate in a Virtual Meeting.
2. The teacher would have provided you with the Meeting Number, URL or Username to join this Meeting.
3. Alternatively, the teacher would have sent a notification that you were asked to join a meeting.
4. You can call in the same (via video or phone) to participate in the Virtual Classroom.
5. You also have the option to participate in the discussion using the Q&A tool in the drop-down menu.
6. From here, you can select a participant or group of participants and pose a question.