Submitting to and Viewing Feedback in Assessment Dropbox
To see how to submit to an assessment dropbox in VU Collaborate and how to view assessment feedback in VU Collaborate, please see the short videos below.
There are currently four types of dropboxes:
• File Submission: Students can upload all file types to a max file size of 1 GB. For files greater than 1 GB, we suggest you upload elsewhere and instead comment a link.
• Text Only Submission: Students will be required to submit their assessment via a text box that is connected to the dropbox, no actual file is submitted. Instructor/teacher will assess the text that is uploaded into the dropbox.
• On Paper Submission: Students will submit their assessment on paper in class and receive an automatic submission to the dropbox. Staff can evaluate each submission automatically or manually.
• Observed in Person: Students will be assessed in person and receive an automatic submission to the dropbox. Staff can evaluate each submission automatically or manually.
This guide covers the following topics, use these links for easier navigation.
- Submit to an Assessment Dropbox Folder
- Submitting Group Work to an Assessment Dropbox Folder
- Reviewing your Assessment Dropbox Folder Submission History
- Viewing Feedback in Assessment Dropbox
1. Access the unit space in VU Collaborate where you wish to submit an assessment.
2. On the main navigation bar, click Assessment.
3. Select Dropbox.
4. You should now see the Assessment Dropbox Folders page. Next, open the folder that requires a submission.
5. Click Add a File to submit a file.
6. A pop up window will appear, allowing you to attach files from your local computer or storage device, a personal locker, a group locker, ePortfolio or from your OneDrive Files.
7. Select the location of your assessment, then select your file.
8. Provide any Comments you wish to submit with the file.
9. Click Submit.
10. This is the confirmation screen. You will also receive an email confirmation of your submission.
11. Ensure your file is correct and successfully uploaded. Once completed, click Done.
View History provides a view of your previous submissions. A list of submitted files displays on the Submission History page. You can view each file size, submission date, whether comments were included with it, and who has retrieved it. For group dropbox folders, you can check who submitted each file.
Upload More Files allows for additional submissions to the current dropbox.
Any user in your group can submit files to the assessment dropbox folder. The Submissions column indicates how many files your group has submitted.
1. On the Assessment Dropbox Folders page, click on the group dropbox folder you want to submit to. Group dropbox folders have a Group icon beside their names.
2. Follow the submission instructions above from Step 5 - 11.
A list of submitted files are available on the Submission History page. You can view each files size, submission date, whether comments were included with it, and who has retrieved it. For group dropbox folders, you can check who submitted each file.
Follow the instructions below to view submission history:
1. On the Assessment Dropbox Folders page, click on the numerical value under the submissions column.
2. On the Submission History, you can change which assessment history to view by adjusting the drop-field.
3. Click Apply once an assessment has been selected.
1. When you have new feedback on an assessment dropbox, you will receive notifications in VU Collaborate. These will appear in the upper notification window and in the updates section.
Once in the Dropbox folder, you will see the word Unread in the Evaluation Status column of your Assessment Dropbox. Click the word Unread to view the feedback left on your submission.
If a teacher has left annotations on your assessment using the annotation tool, then the following message will appear: View Inline Feedback. To read the feedback, simply click on View Inline Feedback.
Once inside, you shall be able to view the annotations left by your teacher.
If a teacher has left feedback without using the annotation tool, then the following image will appear: Feedback: Unread. To read the feedback simply click on Feedback: Unread.
2. You will be able to view your grade, rubric and feedback comments from the View Feedback page.
3. When you are finished viewing feedback, click Done.