Navigating VU Collaborate
Below is an example of a VU Collaborate home page. Read on for an introduction to the space, and some guidance on how to navigate it.
To see a short video introduction to VU Collaborate, see the video below:
This guide covers the following topics, use these links for easier navigation:
- Understanding VU Collaborate Home and Space Home
- Space Selector
- Access a Course
- Personal Menu
1. VU Collaborate Home is your starting point inside VU Collaborate. It is also your Victoria University online learning home page where available resources for your units will be found.
2. Space Home is the first page you see to help you navigate through your units. It contains widgets, tool links on the navbar, and resources that enable you to access your personal information, notifications, account settings, and course-specific content.
3. Click on a unit in My Spaces to access it.
The minibar is the main navigation tool to courses and personal settings in VU Collaborate. The minibar contains a link to VU Collaborate Home, the course selector (waffle), help , notifications, personal menu and settings.
Courses are listed in My Spaces and can be sorted by course name, enrollment date, course code or by date last accessed.
1. Click View All Courses to expand the course list if the unit space is not visible.
2. Use the search field to find a course (unit). Specific courses (units) can be selected from the course selector (waffle) and pinned to the top of the list for easier navigation.
Access the course (unit) you want from the space selector by clicking on the title.
If you have unread alerts, an orange circle appears on the appropriate alert icon.
Click on Setting up instant notifications for more information on personalization.
for Instant Messenger and Email.
Click on Using instant Messaging for more information on using this communication platform.
for Updates: New and updated news posts, upcoming end dates and due dates, new and updated grades, and ePortfolio notifications.
Click on Managing News items for more information on this topic.
for Subscriptions: New blog posts, and discussion posts in forums, topics, and specific message threads you have subscribed to. Comments left on ePortfolio items and ePortfolio subscription notifications.
Click on Viewing items shared with you for more information on this topic.
The personal menu contains links to your profile, notification options, account settings, and logout. Click your name on the minibar to open the personal menu.
Click on Personal Profile for more information on personalization.
The navbar is the main navigation tool within a course/unit space.
- Learning Space is where all materials and information for the unit/course are;
- Communication is where you can access Discussions, Emails, News, Groups and Zoom classroom;
- Assessments are where you will find the Assessment Dropbox, Originality Check, Quizzes and Grades;
- the Toolbox has a number of options such as ePortfolio, User Progress, Checklists, Zoom Web Meet, Mind Mapping Tool and Attendance;
- the Video tab is where you access all available Panopto videos from your unit;
- the Help tab includes links to the VU Collaborate Help Site through Student Guides, the ITS service desk, Learning Support and Copyright.
For more information on Getting Started and navigating on VU Collaborate, Click on FAQ.