Navigating VU Collaborate
VU Collaborate is where you can view learning materials, submit assessments, and collaborate with peers and instructors. This guide will introduce you to VU Collaborate and show you how to find and navigate to unit/course and support spaces.
On this page:
The home page is the starting point when you log in to VU Collaborate, providing access to your unit/course and support spaces. The main components of the home page are the Minbar (1), Learning Spaces (2), filter bar to select Spaces by Term (3) and support Widgets (4).
Option 1: Space Selector Waffle
- From the space selector waffle (1), click to select a learning space (2) from the dropdown list.
- You also have the option to Pin (3) the space for easy access.
Option 2: Delivery Space Tiles
- Optionally filter units by term (5).
- From the displayed units select a Unit Space Tile (4), or
- Select the View All Courses link (6), to view a list of all spaces.
The Unit Space is where all materials and information for the unit/course are located. The main components of the space home are the Minibar (1), Navbar (2), News (3), and Widgets (4).
The minibar provides access to:
- VU Collaborate Home (1)
- Space selector waffle (2)
- Email/Message (3), orange alert dot indicates unread items, see Setting up instant notifications.
- Subscription (4) to Discussions and ePortfolio, orange alert dot indicates unread items.
- Updates (5), orange alert dot indicates unread items.
- Personal menu and settings (6)
In a space, the navbar provides access to:
- Learning Space - Learning materials and information.
- Communication - Discussions, Emails, News, Groups and Zoom classroom.
- Assessments - Assessment Dropbox, Quizzes and Grades.
- Tools - Attendance, Checklists, Mind Mapping Tool, User Progress and more.
- Video - Panopto videos.
- Help - VU Collaborate Help Student Guides, ITS service desk, Learning Support, Copyright and more.