Setting Up Instant Notifications
In VU Collaborate, email notifications can be set up so you receive emails about various activities occurring within VU Collaborate. You can choose the email address you would like to use to receive these notifications. The set up for these notifications will work across all your spaces. However, you can also exclude individual unit spaces.
To see a short video on how edit and manage notifications in VU Collaborate, see the video below:
This guide covers the following topics, use these links for easier navigation:
- Login to VU Collaborate
- Verify Your Email Address
- Select how Often You Would Like to Receive a Summary of Activity
- Choosing Notifications
- Customise Notifications
- Excluding Some Course Notifications
1. Log in to VU Collaborate through the VU website, the MyVU Portal or go straight to the VU Collaborate website.
2. On the main page, click on your name then select Notifications.
The default email account will be your VU email address.
1. If you would like to use your personal email address instead, go to Contact Methods and click on Change your email settings.
2. Choose Use custom email and insert your email address.
3. Click Save.
Note: You can only set up one email address to receive the notifications. Please choose the email address that you will access regularly.
The Summary of Activity provides a summary of changes or additions to all of the spaces you have listed for notifications (see step 5 and 6 for making changes to the unit spaces you receive notifications from).
1. Scroll down to Summary of Activity and select how often you would like to receive a summary of activities. We recommend leaving this set at Never. The Notifications step below (step 4) is much more specific for what you are likely to need.
Note: These settings will be used for all your spaces. However, you can also exclude individual spaces. Please follow the instructions in Step 6.
Set up email notifications based on the VU Collaborate activities below.
1. Tick the notifications you would like to receive. It is recommended that you select News - new item available to receive important messages from your instructors. You may also like to get a reminder when you have an assessment or quiz due.
To customise notifications, tick the relevant boxes. It is expected that you will not select any of these unless you need information from a course (unit space) that is not current.
It is possible to exclude courses from sending notifications.
1. Select Manage my course exclusions.
Note: You can also exclude all courses from sending notifications by selecting 'Exclude All Courses'
2. When a summary page is created with the selected spaces to be excluded, remember to Save.