Taking a Quiz
This topic explains how to access and participate in VU Collaborate quizzes as well as view your feedback, submission and reports.
To see a short video on how to complete a quiz in VU Collaborate, see the video below:
This guide covers the following topics, use these links for easier navigation:
2. From the Quiz List select the quiz you have to attempt.
3. Read the instructions and details for the quiz, and when you're ready, click Start Quiz!
4. Answer each question sequentially. You can also click the question number in the left panel (1) to go to a specific question number. Make sure you allow a few seconds for your answer to save (2).
If you are unable to click on a specific quiz number on the left panel, then this may be due to the quiz settings prohibiting student's to skip or move backwards during the quiz.
5. If your quiz has a time limit you may be prompted or forced to submit your quiz. If the quiz is set to auto-submit, at the end of the designated time period only saved questions will be submitted so make sure you save your answers before the time is up.
6. In the top right hand corner of a timed quiz there is a timer. The default setting for timed quizzes is to have the timer visible. If you would like to hide it select hide timer.
Note: Although you can start a quiz and navigate away from it at any time during the attempt, the timer for the quiz does not pause and continues to record your Time Taken.
1. Make sure you attempt all quiz questions before submittming the quiz. To submit the quiz scroll down and select submit quiz.
2. You will see the Quiz Submission Confirmation page select (1) Submit if you have completed all questions in the quiz. If you have unanswered questions or wish to review your quiz select (2) Back to Questions.
Note: If you try to submit a quiz with unanswered questions, you will see a warning at the top of the Submit Quiz page informing you about unanswered questions. Click each link beneath the warning to return to each unanswered question.
Step Three: View Quiz Submissions
1. To view your submissions, on the navbar select (1) Assessments, then (2) Quizzes.
2.From the drop-down arrow (1) select Submissions (2) to view your attempt.
3. Select the Attempt you want to view.
4. Depending on how your quiz is set up, you may be able to see your responses and correct/incorrect answers.
5. You may see a variety of icons when interpreting your attempt:
Correct Answer - You have answered the question correctly.
Incorrect Answer - You have answered the question incorrectly.
Correct Answer when an Incorrect Answer was chosen - This is the correct answer for the question which was answered incorrectly.
6. You can click on Show Feedback to see if any feedback has been provided.