Taking a Quiz
This topic explains how to access and participate in VU Collaborate quizzes as well as view your feedback, submission and reports.
To see a short video on how to complete a quiz in VU Collaborate, see the video below:
This guide covers the following topics, use these links for easier navigation:
- Taking a Quiz
- Watching the Time
- Quiz Reports and Submissions
- View Quiz Submissions
- View Quiz Reports
Step One: Taking a Quiz
2. Select the Unit.
3. Once in the Unit space, click on Assessments and select Quizzes.
4. From the Quiz List select the quiz you have to attempt.
5. Read the instructions and details for the quiz, and when you're ready, click Start Quiz!
6. Answer each question sequentially. You can also click the question number in the left panel to go to a specific question number.
If you are unable to click on a specific quiz number on the left panel, then this may be due to the quiz settings prohibiting student's to skip or move backwards during the quiz.
7. Depending on the quiz question, there may be an option to upload an audio or video response. This option will appear directly under the question. Select Record Audio or Record Video.
You must allow access to your recording device using your browser. All audio and video responses must be within the maximum limit of 100MB and cannot be longer than 30 minutes.
Once you have completed your response, an attachment will appear below the question.
8. Scroll down to attempt all quiz questions and click Submit Quiz when you are ready to submit.
Note: If you try to submit a quiz with unanswered questions, you will see a warning at the top of the Submit Quiz page informing you about unanswered questions. Click each link beneath the warning to return to each unanswered question.
9. After you answer all quiz questions, click Submit Quiz.
10. You will see a confirmation message popup. If you are finished and wish to submit, click Submit Quiz. If you want to go back to check your answers one final time, click Back to Questions.
Step Two: Watching the Time
If your quiz has a time limit you may be prompted or forced to submit your quiz. If the quiz is set to auto-submit, at the end of the designated time period only saved questions will be submitted so make sure you save your answers before the time is up.
Note: Although you can start a quiz and navigate away from it at any time during the attempt, the timer for the quiz does not pause and continues to record your Time Taken.
1. To view your quizzes, statistics and submissions, access your quiz list. Do so by clicking Assessments on the main navigation bar and selecting Quizzes.
2. This is your Quiz List. To view details of certain quizzes, click the dropdown arrow next to the title.
You might be able to view quiz reports if instructors or course administrators choose to create quiz reports and set permissions to allow users to view information and statistics related to questions and user Attempts.
You can also view your Submissions (if you have completed more than one, and the grades).
Note: Grades and statistical information are not available until they are released by the teacher.
Step Four: View Quiz Submissions
1. Click Submissions from the drop-down arrow next to the quiz you want to view.
2. Click on the Attempt you want to view.
3. Depending on how your quiz is set up, you may be able to see your responses and correct/incorrect answers.
4. You may see a variety of icons when interpreting your attempt:
Correct Answer - You have answered the question correctly.
Incorrect Answer - You have answered the question incorrectly.
Correct Answer when an Incorrect Answer was chosen - This is the correct answer for the question which was answered incorrectly.
5. You can click on Show Feedback to see if any feedback has been provided.
Step Five: View Quiz Reports
This may or may not be available to you. It depends on how the quiz was set up in the beginning.
1. Click Reports from the drop-down arrow next to the quiz you want to view.
2. Click on the report you want to view.
3. Select the From and To checkboxes and set the calendar dates if you want to restrict your quiz report to a specific time frame.
4. Click Generate HTML Report to view the report in your browser.
5. Depending on how the Quiz Report is set up, you may be able to see the distribution of your quiz answers or the average class statistics.