How to download and install the Respondus LockDown Browser (RLDB)
Respondus LockDown Browser (RLDB) is a locked browser for taking quizzes. It prevents those taking the quiz from printing, copying, going to another URL, or accessing other applications during the quiz.
To read more about RLDB, see this guide.
Download from the Student Induction space
1. Go to the Student Induction space.
2. Click Assessments and then select Quizzes.
3. From the Quiz List select the quiz relevant to you that Requires Respondus LockDown Broswer.
4. Upon selecting the quiz click Download Respondus LockDown Browser which will redirect to Respondus website.
Download directly from Respondus website
1. Go to the Respondus website here Download Respondus LockDown Browser
2. You may want to check your system requirements but if you have a relatively new (1 to 8 yrs old) laptop or desktop computer, you are unlikely to have any issues. You may also want to check the video about why Respondus LockDown Browser is being used and the License Agreement. After those things, click on Install Now.
3. Give the computer a moment to download, then double click the pop up and follow prompts to complete installation of RLDB on your computer.
4. The installation process goes through the list as in the pictures below and after that, the computer will be able to launch RLDB in a quiz on VU Collaborate.
a) Installation screen and prompts on a Mac/Apple Computer.
b) Installation screens and prompts on a PC.
5. At the end of this process you can go to the quiz and select Launch LockDown Browser to start the quiz.