Download and install Respondus LockDown Browser (RLDB)
Respondus LockDown Browser (RLDB) is a tool used with VU Collaborate quizzes, that prevents using other applications, copying questions or moving away from the quiz until it has been submitted.
This guide shows how to download Respondus LockDown Browser (RLDB).
On this page:
1. Go to the Student Induction space.
2. On the navbar, select Assessments, then Quizzes.
3. From the Quiz List select the quiz that Requires Respondus LockDown Browser.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Download Respondus LockDown Browser.
1. Visit Download Respondus LockDown Browser, by Respondus.
2. You may want to check your system requirements but if you have a relatively new (1 to 8 yrs old) laptop or desktop computer, you are unlikely to have any issues. You may also want to check the video about why Respondus LockDown Browser is being used and the License Agreement. After those things, click on Install Now.
3. Give the computer a moment to download, then double click the pop up and follow prompts to complete installation of RLDB on your computer.
4. Follow the installation instructions.
5. At the end of this process you can go to the quiz and select Launch LockDown Browser to start the quiz.