Personalising Your Calendar
This guide covers the following topics, use these links for easier navigation:
- Filtering your Calendar
- Removing Units from the Calendar
- Restoring Units to the Calendar
- Viewing Your Calendar
- Displaying Events in Agenda View
- Creating Personal Tasks
- Viewing Completed Tasks
There are many things you can do to change how the Calendar Tool displays information to you.
To access the basic calendar settings:
- Click Settings to the left of the Search bar
From here you can:
- Change the number of hours displayed and display or hide weekends.
- Change Task Options to alter the way tasks are displayed.
You can switch your view of subject/unit by changing your active course calendar.
1. Select a course from the All Calendars menu to activate it.
Note: Even when you set your current calendar, the calendar content area will, by default, show events from all the units listed in the calendar menu.
2. Click a unit name from the calendar menu. This switches your mode in the organisation to the unit you selected.
To remove the calendar events for a particular unit:
- Click the calendar menu in the calendar content area.
- Select the Remove Calendar icon beside the unit you want to remove.
You can restore a previously removed unit calendar. To do this:
- Click the calendar menu in the calendar content area and select the Add Calendar (+) icon. This will bring you to the Add Calendars page.
- Click the checkbox next to the calendar’s name.
- Add them to your display by clicking Add.
View a Unit/Course schedule
- Select a unit from the calendar menu.
- You will see the unit name displayed as the menu name. Click on it to view that unit's schedule.
View Event Details
Do one of the following:
- Click on the event in the day, week, or month view to access a partial display of event details.
- Click More… to see full event details in these views, including any content available for viewing.
- Click the event in the List view to access full event details.
View as an agenda
To display calendar content in the Agenda view, click Agenda in the calendar views area.
Change event grouping
You can change how events in the agenda are grouped using the Date, Course, and Category options in the calendar content area.
Change time range
To change the time range of the list of events in the Agenda view, toggle the left- and right-facing arrows. Your choices are:
- Today and tomorrow
- Next 7 days
- Next 14 days.
Displaying events by day,week, or month
Click between the Day, Week, and Month buttons to toggle the way the calendar displays events.
Displaying events in List view
In the List view, you can see all your unit events in a list. You can also filter them by type: Dropbox, Checklists, Discussions, Grades, Materials, Modules, Quizzes, and Surveys.
You can print a daily, weekly, or monthly calendar from the calendar views area, as well as an agenda or list view of your calendar. Click Print and select your Print Options.
Use Tasks to keep your unit events distinct from your personal tasks.
- Enter the name of the task in the Add a task… field.
- Click the task name to add a due date and notes to your task or to delete your task.
The system will automatically sort the tasks into Today, Upcoming, and Someday in the main task pane, depending on their due date.
- Click the task name to show task details.
- Click directly on the No due date text to bring up a date selector field.
- Select a due date, and click the Save due date icon.
- Add explanatory notes to your task. Click on the Add a note... field to enter your notes.
Mark a task complete
Select the checkbox beside the task name in the task pane. The task disappears from view, but remains in your searchable task archive.
Note: Tasks will only disappear when you mark them complete, if you have selected Hide completed tasks in the drop-down list under Completed Tasks in Settings.
You can bring up a list of completed tasks by clicking View Completed Tasks in the task pane. However, you can choose to display completed tasks for a certain period of time in the task pane before they are hidden.
Display or hide completed tasks
- Click Settings in the calendar views area.
- Under Completed Tasks, select your preferred setting for completed tasks using the drop-down list.
Delete tasksTo delete one task:
- Click on the task name to see task details.
- Click the Delete icon.
Delete multiple tasks:
- Click the context menu for Tasks.
- Select Delete. On the Confirmation page, choose the type of tasks to select for bulk deletion.
- Click Delete.