Discussions Settings are used to personalise the user's preference in communicating and receiving Discussions threads.
This guide covers the following topics, use these links for easier navigation:
1. Thorugh the Communication toolbar, click on Discussions.
2. On the Discussions List page, click Settings icon.
Personal Settings control the way you view messages inside a topic.
1. These settings apply to all course offerings wherever you access discussions, but do not affect other users.
2. Tick or untick the boxes within your personal settings then click save for the new settings to be applied.
1. Use this setting to show or hide the discussion topics list. Hide it to save space or show it to switch between topics quickly.
2. Use the search bar to search for messages. By clicking Show Search or Hide Search from the More Actions button inside a topic.
3. If you are using the Grid Style message list, you can choose to open messages in a preview pane at the bottom of the screen or in a pop-up window. Select this option to use the preview pane; clear it to use a pop-up window.
1. The Grid View message list resembles a traditional email reader where each messages subject, author, and date appear in a list without the full text of the message. To read a message, click the subject; the full-text displays in a separate area.
2. The Reading View message list shows the full text of all messages in a single view. You read messages by scrolling through the page without having to select messages and read them one at a time.
1. Selecting this option includes the original message text in the new message by default when composing a reply.
1. When creating a new thread, subscribe to the thread by default: receive notifications by default when a thread you make receives replies.
Default Threading Style:
The following message list views are available:
1. Threaded: Group messages together with their replies.
2. Unthreaded: Sort messages by author, date, subject, message ID, or average rating.
Post Fields to Display:
1. Post ID: Selecting this option displays the Post ID for posts in the Grid View.
1. If you are using the Grid Style message list, you can choose to display only the first few characters of each message subject to save screen space. Select the checkbox and enter the maximum Subject Characters to Display.