Managing News Items
News is used to communicate important information about subjects directly to all students enrolled in them via VU Collaborate. It appears on your homepage and on the homepage of all unit spaces.
Following are the steps to managing News Items:
1. Aside from viewing the News on your Home Page, you can click News or click the dropdown and select Go to News Tool (as well as other options).
2. Alternatively, from the main menu click Communication and in the dropdown menu select News.
3. If you are in the Content section of your unit space and wish to return to News, click the unit code at the top of the page:
Dismissing a News Item removes it from your front page but does not delete it from the News Tool.
To dismiss news items, you can do one of the following:
1. Click the cross icon for the news item you want to dismiss in the News widget.
2. On the News page, click the dropdown menu of the New and choose Go to News Tool.
Once in the News Tool you will find the list of all News items. Using the dropdown, you can either view the news item by clicking View or dismiss the news item by selecting Dismiss.
You can also restore any dismissed news item by selecting Restore.