How to Share a Panopto Video
This guide will explain how to easily share a video in Panopto. Panopto's sharing options allow you to share your video with specific students, teachers, or with the wider class. You can email a private link or enable access to it via a folder. Once your video is shared, it can be watched and reviewed as needed.
1. Go to VU Collaborate and navigate to your Unit Space, VU Online students, go to your Communication or Support and Collaboration Spaces.
2. From the navbar, select Video, this will open your Panopto homepage in a new tab.
Locate the video you wish to share and select Share.
First select the type of access for this video by clicking on the Change link (in blue text colour) next to Who can access this video, then select Public (unlisted) - Anyone who has the link.
3. Once the access setting is changed, the lock icon will also change to a Globe icon.
It is recommended to test your shared link to ensure that people can access and evaluate your videos.
1. To test your shared link, you can either send it to your friends, or family, or self-check using the Incognito mode in your browser.
2. Paste the link of your video in the URL/search bar.
3. If you can view the video without signing in, which means your instructor can access the video.
If it asks you to log in through VU Collaborate, please review and update your access settings.