Using Panopto App on iOS
The Panopto application can be used on any type of iPhone or iPad to access, upload or download your unit's videos. The Panopto application allows you to search, discover and watch relevant content from your organisation’s video library right on your mobile device. This application further supports offline videos, personalised home screen, a comprehensive search experience, and the ability to upload or record new videos using your phone’s camera.
This guide will cover:
1. Locate the Panopto app in the app store and download it for free.
1. Enter your VU email address, then select Next.
2. Choose vu.ap.panopto.com
3. Select Continue and allow the app to sign in.
4. Click the dropdown arrow to Sign in with Victoria University
5. Enter your VU login details.
1. The landing screen shows you All sessions, latest at the top. You can choose to view or download the video for viewing offline. You can also search for relevant videos by name and class.
2. It is best to view videos horizontally. When viewing you can access the video's Table of Contents, make Comments, take Notes and Search the video.
1. To record and upload, return to the home screen and select the + icon, followed by Upload and Record
2. Select the dropdown arrow to select the folder you wish to upload your video to.
3. When selecting the dropdown arrow, a range of folders and spaces will appear, select the most appropriate folder before continuing. Select Done.
4. Once you have selected a folder, select Tap to Record or Upload a Video. You are now able to upload a previously recorded video from your photo library or by selecting browse. Select Take Video to begin a new recording.
5. In order to begin a new recording, you must grant access for the Panopto App to use the camera and microphone.
6. Once you have recorded or selected a video, it will begin uploading to the Panopto App.
7. Depending on the area you uploaded your video to, you can locate it by returning to the home screen, and searching or selecting the folder you uploaded it to.
8. Your video is now available for you to share, view, edit and download.