How to use Panopto on Android
You can download the 'Panopto' application on Android. This will enable you to view existing recordings of your units and to upload recordings as well.
This guide covers the following topics, use these links for easier navigation:
- Tips for making great videos with your phone
- Downloading Panopto onto an Android
- Panopto Home Page
- Browsing Panopto Sessions
- Uploading a Panopto Video onto an Android
1. Search for the Panopto app in the Google Play Store or click the link below.
2. Click the Install button and once the app is installed click the app and enter your university student email to log in. Tap Next to continue.
3. Tap on vu.ap.panopto.com and select the dropdown box and tap the radio option next to Victoria University.
4. Click Sign in.
5. This will open the VU Collaborate page to link the app to what units you are enrolled in. Enter your e number and password then click Log in.
1. Once you have logged into Panopto you will arrive on the Panopto home page.
2. On the Panopto home page you can (by each number on above image):
- Search for videos by title name.
- Access settings and further options, Sign out of Panopto.
- Upload videos and record videos from your phone.
- Home, view all videos from all sectors.
- My Stuff, view videos from your sectors and videos others have shared with you.
- Browser, view all folders owned by you or shared with you.
3. Tap on the 3 dots icon (3) to open the settings and options menu.
- Sign out: Sign out of your VU Panopto Account.
- Choose another site: Signes you out of VU Collaborate Panopto to sign into another site.
- Send Logs: Sends Logs (Error Logs) to Panopto once clicked.
- Automatically send error logs to Panopto: Automatically sends error logs periodically.
1. To locate your unit's folder, once on the home screen select Browse on the bottom navbar to activate a folder list of folders you have access to.
These files will be previous and new units you have been enrolled in.
2. All your previous and current units will be listed in file format for you to select from. To make searching easier, select the magnifying glass icon on the top right to activate a search bar. Activating the search bar will allow you to search for unit folders more instantly. Once you have searched for your desired unit, select Done on the bottom right of the keyboard.
3. Once you have found your unit, tap the selection and the unit folder will open, most likely showcasing an introduction video.
You can look through specific files within your unit for further videos by selecting the dropdown arrow above the introduction video.
4. Once you have selected a unit file, you can choose a Panopto video inside by tapping the video.
5. Once selected the video will begin to play. You can rewind, forward, stop, play and comment throughout the video by selecting the different icons on the video screen.
Below the video, the transcript sections list will appear. If you are not required to watch the entire video, you can select a specific section as required by clicking on the list below in the main video.
1. Tap on the Upload button (Plus Icon).
2. Select the Upload and Record notification bar at the bottom of the page.
3. Select the dropdown box to choose the unit folder that you want to upload your video recording or file too.
4. Once the file is selected, tap on the large area on the screen which states Tap to record or upload a video to activate the Upload and Record features.
5. Select Camcorder at the bottom of the page to record a live video.
6. Record the video on your device and stop recording once your recording is completed.
Once the recording is complete the video will automatically start uploading and processing onto Panopto.
7. Or at the bottom of the previous page, you may select Files to upload a video file which has been recorded previously.
8. This will open the Files app on your phone where you can select a video for upload. You can refine the selection by tapping Videos.
9. Uploading a recorded video or a file will automatically start uploading to Panopto. You can name the file by selecting the name above the uploading bar using your keyboard.
This will send the video for upload. Here you can add more videos for upload or click X on the right-hand side to remove a video or stop uploading. The larger the video file the longer it will take to upload. It is recommended that you upload videos using University WiFi and not your personal phone data.
The upload bar will continue to increase in size with the colour green to indicate completion of the upload. The time left is located on the right of the bar.
10. A successful video upload will display a green tick next to the file name when completed.