How to Upload a Video to Panopto
Video and Photographic Cameras
Most video and photographic cameras will record in their own proprietary format which may not be supported by the Panopto video platform. If you are using a Video or Photographic Camera to shoot your video make sure that you set the recording format to mp4 (or one of the supported formats listed above) before making your video. This will ensure the video can be uploaded to the system.
Have your video prepared and ready in one of the supported video formats. The following formats are the most commonly used: mp4, m4v, wmv, mov. Other supported formats are: 3gp, asf, avi, flv, mkv, mpg, mpeg, ogv, webm
You can also use your mobile phone to record a video, see Using Panopto App on Android or Using Panopto App of iOS (Apple iPhone).
Below are the links you can use to navigate through the guide:
1. Go to VU Collaborate and navigate to the Space of your unit.
2. Select the Video tab, this will open your Panopto homepage in a new tab.
3. Click the Next button and take a tour of Panopto and its features.
Uploading Content to Panopto
1. In Panopto click on My Folder.
2. Select Create, then select Upload Media.
NOTE: the Create button is now located in the left-hand side menu.
3. You can either drag your media into Panopto or click and search your computer for the file.
4. Once you have selected your file it will then take a moment to upload.
The time taken to process the video is approximately the length of the video itself. For example, a 15-minute video clip will take approximately 15 minutes to process.
5. Once the video has been uploaded, close the window.
6. The video will now take a moment to process - it is normal for this to take a few minutes, please ensure you do not close the Panopto tab at this time.