ePortfolio is a useful tool within VU Collaborate for showcasing your hard work and achievements. This guide will show you how to export items from ePortfolio onto a computer so that it can be stored, shared or used externally.
This guide covers the following topics, use these links for easier navigation:
- Navigation through VU Collaborate
- Exporting ePortfolio Items
- Exporting Selected ePortfolio Items
- Download the Export onto Your Hard Drive
- Exporting ePortfolio Presentations to HTML
- Changes to Presentation Properties during HTML Export
1. From your VU Collaborate home page, navigate to a unit space located in My Spaces.
2. Select Toolbox from the Navbar in the Learning Space and then select My ePortfolio.
3. Select My Items.
4. Select More Actions. Select Go to Import / Export Page.
5. Select Export.
6. If you want to export your entire ePortfolio, select All Items.
Note: If you would only like to export selected items within your ePortfolio, click here.
7. Scroll through the list of items that are being exported.
8. When you are satisfied, click on Export.
Tip: If there are just a few items that you would not like to include in your export, you can deselect them by clicking on the corresponding items.
9. A new page will display informing you that your export is in progress.
Note: Scroll down to Export onto your Hard Drive for detail on how to locate the exported file on your hard drive
10. Click Done.
1. To export selected items from your ePortfolio, from the Import/Export page, click Selected Items. To navigate to the Import/Export page follow steps 1-5.
2. From the page that appears, click Add Items.
3. Scroll through the list of items within the pop-up that appears or you can use the search bar to look for a specific item.
4. Tick the relevant items you would like to export.
5. Once you are satisfied that you have selected all of the items you would like to export, click Add.
6. You will be presented with the list of items you selected. Double-check that your list of exports is correct.
7. Click Export once you are satisfied.
1. Back on the Import/Export page, you will now see your exports available for download. To navigate to the Import/Export page view Steps 1-5 in Exporting ePortfolio items.
2. Click on the download link under the relevant export.
Note: If you do not see any exports available for download, please wait a few minutes and refresh your page, as it sometimes takes a little while for exports to be processed.
- If you are using Google Chrome as your browser, your download may appear in the bottom left-hand side of your screen.
- Alternatively, you should be able to locate your export in your downloads folder on your hard drive.
Tip: For instructions on how to import content back into ePortfolio please see this guide.
If you have the appropriate permissions, you can export presentations to HTML format directly from a presentation's context menu.
Exporting your presentation to HTML format enables you to keep a copy of your presentation in a viewable format external to the system. This is useful if you change institutions and you don't want to lose your work. Once you export your presentation to HTML, you can host it externally on your own website or save it on your computer to view offline.
Note: You cannot import an HTML presentation back into ePortfolio.
1. Navigate to the ePortfolio page by entering a unit, then select Toolbox then select My ePortfolio from the navigation bar.
2. Select on My Items then click on the Presentation you would like to export.
3. Export on by clicking on the drop-down menu next to the presentation you want to export.
4. Choose Export and click on the Automatically include associated items checkbox. Click Export.
5. Click the link for your export file when the file packaging is complete.
Tip: If you want to navigate away from this page or close the window, you can retrieve your export package from the Import/Export area in the Recent Import/Export Activity list. Then save the export file to your computer or storage device.
The action bar at the top of a presentation is not included.
Embedded artifacts and links to artifacts are included.
Alt tags on embedded image artifacts are retained.
Size settings on embedded image and media artifacts are retained.
Artifacts retain their type icon when displayed as a link inline.
Artifact titles and descriptions from the Edit Display Options page are retained.
Assessments made on items within the presentation are included.
Assessments made on the presentation are not included.
All comments for artifacts and reflections are included.
Comments made on the presentation are not included.
Forms linked via a; quick links are not included.
Embedded learning objectives and links to learning objectives are included.
No permissions are retained. Anyone can view content within an HTML presentation.
Page links, navigation settings, page settings, page names, and text areas are maintained.
All theme style settings are retained, including custom replaced images.
Profile information is exported as displayed in the presentation, including customized profile titles and social media icons.
Only the fields set to display are exported; hidden profile information does not export with the presentation.
All quick links to artifacts within the export package and external URLs are retained.
Quicklinks to system resources will require users to log into the system and have the appropriate permissions.
Embedded reflections and links to reflections are included.
Reflections associated with the presentation are not included.
Social media icons from the top of public presentations are not included.
All text formatting, equations and custom characters are included.