Viewing Items Shared with You
There are various ways for you to discover, categorise, follow and review content shared with you in ePortfolio.
This guide covers the following topics. Use the links below for easier navigation:
The Explore page consolidates items people have shared publicly, or with you, into one view.
Another user's shared ePortfolio items display in a list that you can sort by name or date modified, in ascending or descending order. Filters at the top of the list enable you to view content by item type.
From the Explore page you can:
- Browse items and depending on your sharing permissions, view and leave comments, assessments and edit other user's items.
- Click on a user's name to view all content shared from that user.
- Subscribe to an item or a user.
- Use the search field to find content. The search checks for matches within item titles, tags, descriptions, and owner names.
If you have permission to view comments or assessments on an item, the feedback activity icon appears beside the item where the comment or assessment activity is present.
Invites enable you to promote the content you're sharing with specific people. When you share an item with others, you also have the option to send an invite to those you're sharing your item with from the Sharing Settings dialog. See Sending invites for more information.
An invite contains information about who shared the item, when it was shared, what type of item it is, and any description or tags that were added to it. The sender might also include a message letting you know why they shared the item.
When you receive an invite from another user to view an item in their ePortfolio, a notification appears in the Messages alert on the minibar and the invite displays in the Unread Invites area of your dashboard. You might also receive an email informing you of the invite. You can subscribe to the Invite RSS feed to receive external updates about new invites.
Subscriptions enable you to follow activity on items or from specific people that interest you. You can subscribe to the user or item activity from your dashboard, the Explore page, or your invites.
Subscribe to an item by clicking Subscribe in the context menu of the item.
Subscribe to other users by toggling the Subscribe icon beside their names.
Use the Subscriptions filter on your dashboard to view activity on items or from users you subscribed to. Recent subscription activity also appears in your minibar alerts.
Unsubscribe to items or users by toggling the icon or click Unsubscribe.
The Friends list filter on the dashboard enables you to view content shared publicly, or with you, from friends in your pager list.
Alerts on the minibar signal new activity related to your subscriptions and invites.
- The Messages alert displays recently received invites.
- The Updates alert displays assessments made on items or by people you've subscribed to.
- The Subscriptions alert displays comments made on items or by people you've subscribed to.
If you want to receive ePortfolio updates externally, use the Notifications tool located in your personal menu on the minibar to set up the following instant notifications:
- Feedback added to subscribed items - Receive updates about comments and assessments made on items or by users you've subscribed to.
- Another user has subscribed to your updates - Receive a notification when someone has subscribed to you or one of your items.
- Feedback added to my items - Receive updates about comments and assessments made on your items.