VU Collaborate features a tool which allows you to download any piece of text-based content in a variety of different formats.
These formats include:
- Tagged PDF’s – Structured PDF for improved use with assistive technology
- HTML – For viewing in the browser and on mobile devices
- ePub - For reading as an e-book on an iPad and other e-book readers
- Electronic braille – BRF version for consumption on electronic braille displays
- Audio – MP3 version for listening
- BeeLine Reader – Enhanced version for easier and faster on-screen reading
- H5P's - There are limitations with Embedded H5P's they are unable to be downloaded in alternative formats from VU Collaborate
Alternative Formats for Download
You can find the alternative formats tool by navigating through any piece of text-based content which is available in the VU Collaborate space for the unit you are studying.
You can choose from any of the available formats to download:
Once you have chosen an alternative format type, click the blue Download button. The file will automatically be downloaded onto your device.
Click on Accessibility for more information on Accessibility Tools.
Here is a video on Alternative Formats that is available for students below: