Content is the general term used to describe information and/or resources that teachers have chosen to publish within a VU Collaborate space. The published online content in the unit space is used to support learning and teaching objectives of Victoria University.
This guide covers the following topics, use these links for easier navigation:
- Accessing Content
- Viewing Content
- Using the Table of Contents
- Downloading Content
- Navigating, Using Bookmarks, and Opening Content in a New Window
- Printing Content
To access content in your Space:
1. Select Learning Space from the navbar.
In Learning Space the content is organised into modules and sub-modules. Other content items, such as downloadable documents, will be listed within the sub-modules.
To view a content item:
1. From Learning Space click on the module you would like to view.
2. Click on the relevant content item.
3. This will open up a full content of the module. The relevant items will be listed below the module. For instance, here we have clicked on Week 1 module, the relevant content for Week 1 is listed below.
1. You can easily navigate through the content within a space by clicking on the Table of Contents, and navigating through the Content Modules.
2. You can expand modules search by clicking the name of the module.
3. The table of contents persists from session to session, allowing you to easily resume from where you left off. This means that a previously opened module in the table of contents, remains open when you log in again.
You have the option to download entire modules or individual topics so that you can access content when offline.
The example below is from a Mac computer, Windows can look slightly different depending on your personal computer setup.
1. Click on the Download button of the relevant module.
2. A zip file will be downloaded into your computer.
3. To open downloaded file click twice on the zip file, it will take you to the downloads folder in your computer.
4. Click twice on the zip file it will automatically create a formatted file with the same name into your downloads folder.
5. Click on the formatted blue folder to see the downloaded module.
6. To download a content item, click this download button, which will appear next to or below the content.
7. The steps are identical as shown above except it will download an individual item.
From within a content page, you can use the controls located at the top right hand of the screen to bookmark content, open content in a new window, and navigate through content.
1. To bookmark content click on the bookmark icon.
2. The icon will go dark and is added to your bookmarks menu for easy reference later.
3. To expand the page to fit in a new window, click on view content in new window icon.
4. To navigate through the content, menu click on the left arrow or right arrow.
The toolbar at the bottom of the page contains options allowing you to create a reflection on the content within ePortfolio, and download and print the content.
1. To print the content currently displayed, click on the Print button.
2. It will send the item to the nearest printer to Print.
There is not a print option for every topic. Some items need to be downloaded first.