Buddycheck is a peer evaluation tool that allows you to provide constructive feedback to other group members on their performance in the group activity. You will also undertake a self-assessment.
Your instructor will create a small number of performance criteria for the evaluation. It is not expected that the activity will take more than a few minutes.
You will receive an average score, but more importantly, receive feedback on how you rated yourself in each performance criteria against what you were rated and the group average.
Buddycheck utilises the research-based CATME framework for peer evaluation in groups.
Following topics will be covered in this guide:
1. Go to your current Unit Space and select Learning Space on the VU Collaborate navbar, then select the Assessment Information Module to locate the Buddycheck link.
2. Select the Buddycheck – Group Member Evaluation.
1. To begin, they click Begin evaluation.
Make sure you are enrolled in a group before starting the evaluation process. You won't receive a mark if you are not enrolled in your group. Please look at Using and Managing Groups for further information.
2. Read over the Buddycheck evaluation instructions, once ready select Start.
3. Fill in each page of the BuddyCheck survey, you will be asked numerous amounts of questions around the topics of feedback, select Next after you complete each page until you have the option to select Submit evaluation.
1. Once your academic publishes your results/feedback, you will receive an email notification. The email will contain all of the feedback, however, you can also return to Buddycheck evaluation in the unit space to view this at a later time.
2. You will see a graphical representation of how you performed across all criteria.
3. You will then see more detail on each performance criteria, comparing your self-score, received score against the team average.