Joining a Zoom Session - Via Phone Call
You can join a Zoom meeting via teleconferencing/audio conferencing using a traditional phone. This is useful when you do not have a microphone or speaker on your PC/Mac, you do not have a smartphone (iOS or Android) while on the road, or you cannot connect to a network/wifi for video and VoIP (computer audio).
You will need to contact your instructor prior to your scheduled class time, as they will need to provide you with the phone number, meeting ID number and password for the Zoom session.
This guide covers:
When joining a meeting by phone only dial the in-country numbers on your meeting invitation.
1. You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID - followed by #.
2. You will now be prompted to enter your "host key" if you are hosting the meeting. If you are participating as a student press the # key again.
3. You may be asked for the password at this point. It will be 6-8 numbers.
4. If the session has already commenced you will gain access straight away. If the session has not yet started you will hear hold music until the host starts the session.
The following commands can be entered using your phone's dial pad while in a Zoom meeting:
1. *6 - Toggle mute/unmute
2. *9 - Raise hand (to ask a question)
1. If you need to leave the meeting or if the meeting has ended, simply hang up to exit.
If you have accidentally exited the meeting early, you can once again join by following the steps above.